Saturday, January 18, 2020

Devotees tell how they were healed by the Santo Niño de Cebú

By Joseph Almer Pedrajas

Every devotee of the Santo Niño de Cebú is a story of hope, healing, and gratitude whose trust and faith in God increased after every answered prayer and a life-changing experience.

Perlita said she started her devotion to the Santo Niño de Cebú after a month-long, recurring fever when she was 18 suddenly disappeared after praying to Him.

“I was suffering a month-long, recurring fever when I dreamed of him: a Jesus Christ who was wearing long red gown and with thorns as his crown,” Perlita told Manila Bulletin in Filipino. “He was talking to me and calling me ‘Ineng! Ineng!’ for 10 times. After that, I woke up.”

“Then I told my sister, who then brought me to Quiapo,” she added. “Coincidentally, it was the first Friday of the month – at a time a monthly mass for the Black Nazarene was said.”

Perlita remembered that she “cried and kneeled down” after seeing the image and asked, ‘What do you want from me for I would oblige?’”

“After that, I was immediately healed. My fever was gone,” she exclaimed.

For over 50 years now, Perlita says she has never missed a chance to go to Quiapo church every first Friday of the month and during the Holy Week to pay her respects to the Santo Niño de Cebú.

She has also inspired her 12-year-old granddaughter, Yummie, after the latter was healed after experiencing convulsions when she was four.

“It’s because of ‘Nanay’ that I also believe in Him. Like her, I was healed,” Yummie said.

Perlita likewise attributes her long life and their good health to the Santo Niño de Cebú.

“I’m already 72 but I still feel strong. It is because of Him. And I will show my devotion until I die,” she added.

Like Perlita, 65-year-old Dong Montoya’s faith in the Black Nazarene grew after experiencing miracles for several years. Of his 14 years as a devotee, Montoya cannot forgot an incident in 2005.

“I got a cyst in my tongue that time. I was about to undergo operation when I sought Him,” Montoya shared. “After that, a ‘white stone’ immediately went out. It was a miracle that he made.”

Since then, Montoya has always tagged along his family to camp out at the Quirino Grandstand for the “Pahalik.” They may not join the “annual grand massive miracle crusade,” but staying at the Grandstand for vigil is their way to show love and sacrifice.

“We will stay here until after hearing a mass on the day of the procession, which means, I will be here for two days, ” Montoya said.

The “annual grand massive miracle crusade” is the annual weekend prayer gathering to celebrate the feast of Santo Niño de Cebú started from Sunday to Monday of January every year, organized by El Shaddai DWXI Prayer Partners Fellowship International is the biggest Catholic charismatic movement in the Philippines.

Kenneth Tagundando, Jojo Apolonio, Raymond Cabactulan, and Jeff Galon are cousins who join the crowd annually during the annual grand massive miracle crusade.

https://news.mb.com.ph/2020/01/08/devotees-tell-how-they-were-healed-by-the-black-nazarene/

No comments:

Post a Comment